Job Title: Grant Writer – GivLyfe
GivLyfe is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Grant Writer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and identifying funding opportunities, writing grant proposals, and submitting grant applications to secure funding for our research and development activities. The Grant Writer will play a critical role in advancing GivLyfe’s mission of harnessing the power of microbes to drive sustainable agriculture and reduce carbon emissions.
• Research and identify funding opportunities from government agencies, foundations, and other sources.
• Develop and write grant proposals that align with GivLyfe’s research and development activities and funding priorities.
• Collaborate with internal teams, including R&D, finance, and legal, to ensure alignment on grant proposals and to gather relevant information for grant applications.
• Ensure compliance with all grant requirements, including reporting and accounting, and maintain accurate records of grant submissions and awards.
• Develop and maintain relationships with funding agencies and program officers and participate in relevant industry associations and working groups.
• Keep up to date with funding opportunities and trends in the industry and provide regular updates to the GivLyfe team on new and emerging grant opportunities.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, English, or a related field.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in grant writing, with a track record of success in securing funding for research and development activities.
• Strong understanding of the grant application process and the ability to write compelling and effective grant proposals.
• Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex scientific concepts to a broad audience.
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams to gather information for grant applications.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and grant management software.
• A passion for sustainability, agriculture, and the environment.