Job title: International Director of Carbon Markets – GivLyfe
GivLyfe is seeking an experienced and dynamic International Director of Carbon Markets to lead the company’s efforts in developing and implementing carbon market strategies on a global scale. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing GivLyfe’s international carbon market operations, working closely with various stakeholders across different geographies, and identifying opportunities to maximize value for the company and its clients. The International Director of Carbon Markets will play a critical role in advancing GivLyfe’s mission of harnessing the power of microbes to drive sustainable agriculture and reduce carbon emissions.
• Develop and implement international carbon market strategies that align with GivLyfe’s mission and objectives.
• Manage and oversee GivLyfe’s international carbon market operations, including compliance, reporting, and trading activities across different geographies.
• Identify and assess opportunities to increase revenue and market share in the international carbon market and develop innovative approaches to monetizing carbon credits generated by GivLyfe’s technology in different jurisdictions.
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in different geographies, including carbon registries, project developers, and investors.
• Analyze market trends and regulatory changes in different jurisdictions to inform GivLyfe’s strategy and decision-making.
• Collaborate with internal teams, including R&D, operations, and marketing, to ensure alignment on international carbon market initiatives and to leverage scientific and technological innovations in carbon accounting and verification across different geographies.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the international carbon market team, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
• Represent GivLyfe at international industry events and conferences and participate in relevant international industry associations and working groups.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental science, economics, or a related field.
• At least 2-5 years of experience in international carbon markets, including compliance, reporting, and trading across different geographies.
• Strong understanding of the international carbon market landscape, including regulatory frameworks and market mechanisms in different jurisdictions.
• Experience in developing and implementing international carbon market strategies and identifying opportunities to monetize carbon credits across different geographies.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across different cultures and geographies.
• Proven leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire teams in different geographies.
• Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in additional languages is a plus.